Asian and American

Asian and American
Japanese Stella near Jefferson and FDR Memorials

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tuesday May 15, 2012

You and I haven't met yet.  Don't know who you are and of course you are just checking out what this is all about. 


I hope that if anyone does read any of my writings they get the message - that you are the child of God, God loves you, God sent His Son Jesus to provide a way home for you and all you have to do is CHOOSE to follow and accept Jesus as your Savior, Redeemer, Friend, Guide, Advocate, and even Heavenly Brother.  
You were born outside the castle of God but God still loves you, bestows His Mercy on You, gives you His Grace, and then gives you the chance to come back home to Him.  There is only one gate and that is through the blood atonement of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.  
So, come home, set your soul back to God.  He loves you and wants to lead you back home.  God even gives you a guide - the Holy Spirit, the loving aspect of God to guide you, lead you, protect you, convict you, and love you as you find your way home.  
Come home now, accept the gift of Grace and accept the free gift of Salvation through the Lord Jesus as your personal Savior.


Then all of this will make sense.  I didn't say it would be easy or fast.  But, it will become clearer as you get closer to Home.


Today's meditation from James Ryle:



May 15


The Pilgrim's Prayer of Progress
"But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord." (2 Corinthians 3:18)
God is doing a work in each of our lives, slowly and deliberately transforming us from being self-centered and self-serving, to becoming more and more like Jesus. It happens as we come out from our places of hiding and lift our faces to the Lord. His favor and power change us from glory to glory. It is a lifelong process that will carry us onward into eternity.
Years ago I came upon this remarkable poem, untitled and unattributed to any author, it stands alone upon a high summit of inspirational prayer. It is the heart cry and testimony of every pilgrim. Read it for yourself and see if its words find a place of deep resonance in your own heart.
O the shame and bitter sorrow that a time could
ever be when I let my Savior's mercy 
plead in vain, and proudly answered, 
"All of self and none of Thee.”
Yet He found me. I beheld Him dying on the
cursed tree. I heard Him pray, Forgive him Father. 
And my wistful heart said faintly,
"Some of self and some of Thee.”
Day by day His tender mercy, healing,
helping, guiding me; sweet and strong, and O so patient,
brought me lower till I whispered,
"Less of self and more of Thee.”
Now, higher than the highest heavens, deeper
than the deepest sea. Lord, at last Thy love has conquered. 
Grant me now my soul's desire:
"None of self and all of Thee!"
.

No comments:

Post a Comment