Asian and American

Asian and American
Japanese Stella near Jefferson and FDR Memorials

Monday, June 27, 2011

Monday June 27

Last week of June, turning into July! 


Oh Dear God, I am in awe of You and I cannot even begin to understand Your many, many mysteries.  You are my Creator, You are the center and perimeter of my life.  My Lord God, my Redeemer, my Savior, my Keeper, my Guide, my Hope, my Comfort, my Love... Almighty God, I submit and surrender all, my life, my family, my time, my gifts from You, all that I am and will be to Your Will.  


I ask for things because I wish to do well for my family, my wife, my children.  I ask for things out of ignorance.  I profess I know nothing and only submit my self to You.  Lord Jesus, hear my prayer.  Holy Spirit, hear my supplications and take them to the Father.  I am without any justification or right other than Your promises and Your Holy Word.  I ask because You directed us to ask.  But, You are my God and I am nothing without You.  I submit my will, my heart, soul and mind to You.  And I stand on Your Promises!



June 27


THE GREAT SHEPHERD
"Now the God of Peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, make you perfect in every good work to do His will."-- Heb_13:20-21.


IT IS most comforting that our Heavenly Father is "the God of Peace.'" He is the God of the gentle zephyr, of the evening glow, of the mother's brooding care; and may be trusted by His gentleness and patience to make us great. Bruised reeds are not trampled beneath His feet, and the smoking flax is fanned into a flame. Do not be afraid of God--He is the God of Peace!
He brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep. As our Lord descended into the Valley of Death, He breathed His departing spirit into the Father's hands. He knew that the path of life would unfold before Him. He knew that the Father's welcome awaited Him. And God did not fail Him! However low He went, when He descended into Hades, the Everlasting Arms were always beneath Him; and Him did God raise up, having loosed the pangs of death, because it was not possible that He should be holden of it.
And will God do less for the Flock!? There are many of the sheep that have been scattered in the cloudy and dark days. Will every sheep and lamb be recovered, and led to the green pastures and beside the quiet waters of Paradise? Yes, every one! The great Shepherd would not be content if one were missing of those whom the Father has given Him (Joh_10:28-29). Remember His own parable of the Shepherd who left the ninety and nine to recover the one. If you have come to Him by your will and choice, you are included in the Father's gift.
We are secure in the position which His grace has given us. It is secured not only by the promise of God, but sealed by the Blood of the Cross. 
That is the meaning of the words: "The Great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the eternal covenant." Note that word eternal, which carries us back to the timeless past, when this compact was made. We may therefore humbly believe that our names are written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from before the foundation of the world (Rev_13:8; Rev_21:27). But we are saved to save others! It is thus that we make our calling and election sure (2Pe_1:10).


PRAYER
We thank Thee, O blessed Master, not only that Thou hast cleansed us from our sins, but that Thou hast entered into, and ratified by Thy precious blood, the eternal covenant which has made us Thine for ever. AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment